Total: 1 hr 30 min
Yield: 5 servings
Nothing says "comfort food" like a warm and crispy Chicken Pot Pie — but, like most of Steve Harvey's southern favorites, it's loaded with fattening and downright unhealthy ingredients.
That's why his personal chef, Chef Gordon Warne, whipped up this healthy remix. It's got all the savory and satisfying flavor (just like mama used to make!), but less of the heavy carbs and butter.
In fact, the average serving size of chicken pot pie has 46 grams of carbs — but not Chef Gordon's recipe. Each serving of this healthy classic contains only 12.5 grams.
Eat up, Everyday Improvers! This one's for you.
Watch how to make this recipe.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the crust: In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, 2 eggs, and salt by hand.
- Place a ball of dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll into a circle the size of a pie plate.
- Place a sheet of dough in the fridge for about 15-25 minutes until filling is ready.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, and celery and cook until veggies have softened and add garlic.
- Cook for another minute and then add flour, cooking out for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and seasoning while mixing and bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until thick.
- Fold in shredded chicken and check if more seasoning needs to be added. If so, add it now.
- Add the filling to the pie plate, then remove the sheet of dough.
- Remove top layer of parchment and place on top of pie trim edge, pressing along edges to ensure pie is sealed.
- Make a small incision in the middle for steam to escape.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350˚F.