Introducing the Creamy Avocado Carrot Slaw, a delightful blend of textures and tastes that promises to elevate any meal. At its core, this slaw is a harmonious medley of crisp, grated carrots and creamy, rich avocado. The zing of lime juice and the subtle sweetness of honey or maple syrup work together to balance the earthiness of the dish. But what truly sets this slaw apart are the unexpected additions: a hint of cinnamon for warmth, the tang of Greek yogurt for creaminess, and the chewy delight of dried cranberries or raisins. Topped off with fresh cilantro, this slaw is a dance of flavors and textures in every bite. Perfect as a side dish or a standalone snack, it's sure to be a hit at any Labor Day gathering or summertime soirée.
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt for a vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins (for a sweet kick)
- 1-2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (for added sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the grated carrots, mashed avocado, finely chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, Greek yogurt, honey or maple syrup, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss until everything is well coated.
- Add the dried cranberries or raisins to the slaw and mix them in.
- Let the slaw chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld