Prep time: 20 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Yield: 2 servings
This salad is so delicious, even meat-lovers won’t even notice it’s vegetarian! Packed with flavor and nutrition, this dish is sure to be hit at any party – even if it’s just a weeknight dinner at home.
The unmatched pairing of high-protein, gluten-free quinoa with the roasted cauliflower (caramelized and all) is a match made in heaven. Plus, the simple dressing adds a zestiness you can’t get enough of.
Here’s a great tip: make this salad ahead of time and give the flavors a chance to marinate. Everyone will thank you for it.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 4 spring onion (green part only)
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions, once cooked drain and spread on a large tray to steam off until cool.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, toss with olive oil and cumin powder. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven at 450˚F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dressing: Whisk together jalapenos, lime juice, and both oils in a bowl. Add spring onion and season to taste.
- Mix everything together once cool and serve.